Lawrence M. Achler, MS.
Healthcare Sales, Marketing & Recruitment Career
31 years as a dynamic, optimistic, experienced leader, results-oriented, expansive thinker, outstanding record of achievement in healthcare recruitment and retention with primary focus on Emergency medicine. Further expertise in strategic analysis of industry markets. Core competencies include:
- Expertise in business acumen in Health Systems and Private Groups
- Competitive intelligence / market analysis
- Sales leadership / Training / Relationship Building
- Comprehensive marketing / Interactive Communication / Database Development
- Expertise in full spectrum of industry resourcing
October 2009 to Present
- EMwork Consulting, LLC, Daytona Beach, FL
- President & Founder
- Privately owned Physician Search firm providing talent acquisition of senior professionals, physicians and other providers for Emergency Departments nationwide. Additional consulting on a contract basis utilizing the upper level administrative and management contacts of over 25 years in the industry.
April 2009 to March 2013
- DuvaSawko, Daytona Beach, FL
- Director of Business Development Physician Recruitment
- For 5 years prior to my full time arrival the company had a stagnate growth rate. Since arrival billable visits increased 43% from 800,000 to 1.4 million. Exclusive Recruitment of physicians for local 42 member ED Group. Developed program of recruitment for client facilities numbering 38 nationwide. Implemented company’s first physician tracking system.
July 2007 to January 2009
- Tampa Bay Radiology Consultants, Tampa Bay, FL
- Director, Dept. of Physician Recruitment
- Developed and implemented full recruitment strategies, marketing, planning and development from start up. Contracted to fill immediate shortages and doubled size of group from 10 perm physicians to 20. Completed successfully within 10 months, with 15 successful hires in total. Fully staffed as of contract completion date.
1997 to 2007
- Healthcare Billing & Coding Inc. (currently DuvaSawko, Inc.), Daytona Beach, FL
- Independent Contractor & Consultant
- Assist in the business development and procurement of Emergency Medicine billing contracts. As an IC, brought in contracts totaling 270,000 billable visits.
July 1994 to July 2007
- J. Allen Health, Tallahassee, FL
- President & Founder
- Start up Physician Recruitment firm. Primary focus on permanent placement. '94 to '99 mostly contingency recruitment. ’99 forward successfully directed focus toward retained searches allowing for a more professional close-knit relationship with clients. After year one averaged over 1MM in net annual revenue. Maintained and lead team of 8 consultants and support. Lead efforts in business development, strategic planning, marketing, affiliations and collaborative initiatives. Management of all divisions including marketing, business & relationship development and credentialing.
March 1990 to March 1994
- Weatherby Healthcare
- Vice-President, Emergency Medicine Division
- Began career in recruitment with one of the largest and most successful search firms in the country dating back to establishment in 1974. After initial year, remained in top 3 in total revenue annually among 107 recruiters averaging over 30 placements per year - 1991-1994. Major focus on client development and physician screening and placement. Mentored numerous recruiters that remain highly successful leaders in the industry to this day.
Education & Memberships
July 1985 – January 1988 August 1980 – July 1985
- M.S. Criminal Justice B.S. Criminal Justice
- Florida State University, Tallahassee, Florida - Cumulative 3.75 GPA in all Major course work
- National Association of Physician Recruiters - Medical Groups Management Association
- Alliance of Medical Recruiters - Society of Hospitalist Medicine
- National Association of Psychiatric Health Systems - Florida Hospital Association
- Emergency Department Practice Management Association
- Healthcare Financial Management Association